Monday, April 12, 2010

From scratch once again...

A new fresh page it is! I've decided to blog once again due to the influence of someone very special to me. It's a weekday and yet I'm home, in front of the glowing box. Guess what, I've just finished my internship in one of the big four audit firms (honestly, it did help a lot, especially in helping me decide what to do in days to come XD). Has been working for the past 2 months, had some very good experience and felt good about it.


So, what now? Time to relax and enjoy my very own NDSi XL, a.k.a. NDSi LL for the Japan users. Obviously, XL means extra large and trust me, it is really XL. Previously, I owned a NDS Lite but due to some circumstances, it wasn't mine anymore. So, I decided to buy a brand new one after my intern ends and I did. Today, when I was strolling around The Mines Shopping Mall, I got my hands on the NDS Lite and gosh, what a difference! It looked so tiny and seriously, the screen... *swt* Here are some pictures to show the difference.




The new NDSi XL is available in three colors for now. The colors would be Wine Red, which is the one shown on top, Dark Brown or Bronze and Natural White. As for me, I'm not a big fan of the wine red version, I took the bronze version. It has a glossy look on the upper side which is nice but requires extra attention as you would not want any scratches on it. Basically, the NDSi XL comes with a few pre-installed titles such as the Brain Age Express: Math, the Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters and the Photo Clock which comes in pretty handy.





NDS Games I would recommend:
  • Rune Factory - A Fantasy Harvest Moon [My all-time favorite, game based on farming and relationships. Might be a little dull for guys though.]
  • Rune Factory 2 - A Fantasy Harvest Moon [The 2nd episode for Rune Factory.]
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time [As always, Square Enix never fails to impress.]
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates
  • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box [Puzzle-based game, for those who would want their mind occupied. ]
  • Scribblenauts [A game with very nice concept, where you can draw whatever you can think of into the game itself to solve the puzzle.]
  • Kingdom Hearts - 368-2 days [I have not personally tried this game, but it has very good ratings.]
  • Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth [Story based on an attorney solving crime cases, trying to search for flaws in testimonials given and connect logic.]
  • Harvest Moon - Sunshine Island [Another Harvest Moon game, but there's some difficulty with the controls, mainly with stylus. Cute graphic though ^.^]
  • My Japanese Coach [A good start towards mastering the Japanese language.]
  • Personal Trainer - Cooking [Not to be called a game, but a recipe book. Comes in quite handy.]
  • Style Savvy [Fashion-based game, basically operating your own boutique. Not recommended for guys. XD]
  • There's even more... [Upcoming Releases: Ninokuni, Harvest Moon: Wind of Bazaar...]


It may seem a little too brief for what I've written but I will definitely try to make better reviews on the NDS games in days to come. For owners who love their NDS, there are some very useful accessories available in the market to protect your gadget which includes the screen protector (HORI would be the best), NDS casing, air-foam pouch cases, etc. Have been with my NDSi XL for about 2 weeks and is very glad that I got myself one as there's music player, camera and gaming all-in-one!








0 comments: